The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3

Go down 
+2
Nova
Big_Monkey_Brother
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Empty
PostSubject: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Just got this game (cheap too since it was on sale at Best Buy for $30 and I had a $25 Christmas gift card).

I thought I'd create this thread to post questions/observations about the game as I or others come across them.

BTW my history with Command and Conquer games is comprised of Command and Conquer 3 Tibirium Wars only, so I haven't drunk the C&C kool-aid as other folks have - and I'm not as jaded WRT C&C pro or con...
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:40 pm

fuck these games man its like i come home from work only to do the exact same thing i do at work.. you go do this and you do that and i'll do this and what about that but dont worry we have this and he'll do that.... its a fucking job those sorts of games!
Back to top Go down
Bundy

Bundy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

At least it's no World of Warcraft. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Nova wrote:
fuck these games man its like i come home from work only to do the exact same thing i do at work.. you go do this and you do that and i'll do this and what about that but dont worry we have this and he'll do that.... its a fucking job those sorts of games!

Fair enough but I enjoy the singer player aspect of these games - I get reamed in multiplayer because all the micromanaging you don't like about the game, Nova, is amplified by 10 - I usually lose in less than 3 mins - even against the computer.

I enjoy seeing the little units pound on each other and buildings get wrecked l - best enjoyed in single player with all the campy live-actor video intact. I'll upload some vids I took from C&C3 Tibirium Wars to youtube to demonstrate what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:01 pm

omg i know about multiplayer.. its like your still building up your army and the guy comes ambling over with his nuclear missiles.. i prefer the slow pace of man vs game to man vs 15 yr old prodigy as well.

i play c&c red alert back in the day...
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:22 am

Some C&C3 action - sadly this kind of action is what you build and plan and wait hours for with this kind of game!

Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:02 am

Finally started playing the campaign and I realized you can play it solo or co-op with another person - kindof like LFD. So each time you start playing you have the option of playing co-op, at which point someone else with the game can play as your co-commander who has his own base and forces at his/her disposal. When you play solo you can give orders to the computer commander but I'm sure in co-op things will be much more... dynamic.

Interesting addition to the RTS genre, I think.
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 am

Command and Conquer games haven't been the same since Red Alert. I played this recent one and I put it down after like 1/2 an hour.
Warcraft and Starcraft on the other hand, I've played hundreds of hours of (not any in the last couple of years though)...and I cannot wait for Starcraft 3. I generally don't play online anymore with people I don't know and who are probably way better than me, but I'd be happy to play with you guys if you are of average skill level when new games come out.
Back to top Go down
MAN

MAN

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Faith-away wrote:
...and I cannot wait for Starcraft 3...

StarCraft 2 you mean? Smile

I will be getting this game for sure...I would love to get some games going with you Faith. I lost a little bit of my RTS skills, but I was pretty good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scynthus

Scynthus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:22 pm

The last C&C game I've played was Red Alert. Pretty fun campaign for its time however, multiplayer sucked big ones... By the time I had some infantry and a tank, my base was getting nuked to shit, followed by a tank rush.

Command and Conquer

ENTER... StarCraft 2 (hopefully real soon)

I cannot wait for this game. I've been a StarCraft fan since '98. Pwning nubs like it was my job Cool I still play every once in a blue moon... hit me up if you want to play I'd be down for sure!

<3 Blizzard
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I'd be afraid to play with Scythus as I was never very good at Starcraft...nothing like plopping down a Barracks or whatever and then finding out you are already way behind the opponent when 5 marines waltz in and kill all your SCVs.
Back to top Go down
Scynthus

Scynthus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Faith-away wrote:
I'd be afraid to play with Scythus as I was never very good at Starcraft...nothing like plopping down a Barracks or whatever and then finding out you are already way behind the opponent when 5 marines waltz in and kill all your SCVs.

I'm rusty as fuck, I'm sure we will be at an even fighting level. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3   Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: The Rest of the Story-
Jump to: