HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Good info, nice to see they're still working on the old gal - Scout update soon and a 10th class is not out of the question...

Click here for the link...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
krazykid

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 pm

too much reading involved... what’s the cliffs notes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroTolerance

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Quote :

As work continues, Valve is also slowly chipping away at a laundry list of problems that crop up over time between the character classes. Among other large-scale issues on the agenda, Walker says the Spy's disguise has nearly reached the end of its lifetime. Over time, average players have become much better at detecting and dispatching disguised Spies, making the ability pretty useless for all but the sneakiest of players. Additionally, Walker feels the Engineer's sentry guns have become "too binary." They're highly lethal to some players and wholly ineffective against others. Sentry guns are also easily dispatched by skilled players, leaving Engineers with little recourse. Keeping a delicate balance is important, as is adjusting problems that arise from the way players utilize the different abilities of each class in the game.

Though there are still six more classes to upgrade, the release of an eventual new class isn't out of the question. Rumors of a possible 10th class teased in an Easter Egg found in the first mission of Left 4 Dead set players abuzz. Walker says they haven't made any decisions about adding new classes yet, but that doesn't mean they're not considering them. "We've got several new class designs floating around, some of which we like a lot, but right now we're focusing on the broadening of our existing classes through the addition of the unlockables," he says.

I like that part Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Looks like scout will get an update soon, the rest will come after that. Sentry guns will kick more ass and a noobie will be added to the ranks maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean_NB
Admin

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:44 pm

I now regret letting the decision makers at Valve watch me play TF2. They got it in there head that the Demo Man is over-powered, and we never update the class, but instead update other classes and potentially create new classes all aimed at suppressing the Demo Man Sad Curse me and my l33t skillz!

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exiled.forumotion.net
Xyless

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:49 pm

There is nothing more annoying than fighting a team of demomen and soldiers. Nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:58 pm

^
Your welcome! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xyless

Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 pm

It makes playing as any other class useless. Can't be a spy if there's an explosive for every step you take. Can't really be a medic unless you can pull off 4 ubersaw hits right off the get-go. Scout? HA! Not even pyro is really all that useful with its blowback. Maybe if they changed it so blowing back stickies switches them to your team color.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:11 pm

I will tell you honestly when you get good at demo, you realize the weak points the demo has. BELIEVE ME. A good player (other than demo) knows these and knows ways to get around and capitalize on them.

I love it when the demo spams the intel when it is dropped. The scout can easily "juke" the demo and take the case. It is all reaction, many times I jump for the case and just befor they pop the stickies I double jump away. then take the case and run. But that is for dumb demos that plant all 8 stickies on the case.

Spy is easy too. cloak! I love stabbing a grate camper in the back 3-5 times in a row before they get the picture and stop.

If the demo could detonate the stickies faster and the pipe bombs didnt bounce all over gods green acres, Ocean and I would be unstopable!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dub_P

Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Scout is the Demo's worst enemy in my opinion unless your in an enclosed space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Spy or demo should get "land mines" or "Trip Bombs".

you could stick them between doors, with a little laser accross them. And make it so that the demo has to plant the stickies for the bomb where they want them to go. But limit the stickies to 2. I picture the trip being say at the entrance of the sewer by the wooden boxes, and the 2 stickies out of sight waiting to blow the trailing medic to pieces... or the rest of his friends following.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Dub_P wrote:
Scout is the Demo's worst enemy in my opinion unless your in an enclosed space.

Yep. They move too quick, and you cant think a head, wind up, throw a stickie wait that dreadfull second before you can pop it... by then they already planted a Louisville slugger across your head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FHCtyler21

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Thanks for the link, very awesome. Perhaps, if people know the place to send them to, we should start making some suggestions to the developers as well. With the type of skill we have had on this server, I know there has got to be some good messages floating around. Continued in my new post.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:03 pm

FHCtyler21 wrote:
With the type of skill we have had on this server,

wow dude that was very flattering.. thanks!

Anonymous: here you go Nova... brace your self, sit down and enjoy... last time you will here this...............................................
Anonymous: you were right

"man with hand in pants feels cocky all day!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2   

Back to top Go down

Escapist Interview with Valve regarding the future of TF2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: Team Fortress 2-
Jump to: