Favortie Classes?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ballsac

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Favortie Classes?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:14 pm

I dont think any of us can dissagree that the best class is a scout. Double jumping over hoes and killing them is better than blowing shit up it accually takes some skill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowboy

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:57 pm

They are almost useless though as far as capping goes with one good engie on the other team. The need some boomers to allow em to work and pave the road. I think Pyro and demo are the most effective classes on their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scynthus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 am

I like to play Sniper. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 am

Aww c'mon guys everyone knows the pyro rulez - tell me you didn't giggle every time you rampaged thu the other base killing 4..5..6+ enemies by... wait for it... SETTING THEM ON FIRE. It doesn't get better than that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Ocean_NB
Admin

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:26 am

The best class, imho, is the Medic who's attached to me as I cave in skulls w/ my 40oz and rain down sticky mayhem to cut a swatch of destruction across 2fort, leaving nothing behind but bloody body stumps, and twisted metal. That Freak on a Leash is awesome!

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exiled.forumotion.net
ShitHeel

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:29 am

My top four most played are Soldier, Medic, Engineer and Scout....though I haven't rocked the Scout in a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 am

I can be effective in the following classes:

Demo, Scout, Spy, Engie.

Demo: I like out smarting the enemy. I love it when they see me coming and run backwards, right into 2 stickie bombs. Or run right at me, and I plant 2 stickie bombs ahead of me, and they run right into them. Jumping up to the sniper deck without the snipers seeing you, then dropping 3 stickies at his feet, while they are in scope... that must scare the shit out of them. I also like when someone takes the intel, and makes it all the way to their front door, and I throw a hell marry stickie ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP and blow them to pieces right at their front door! Or set a trap, and get them to follow me and when they think they are safe, I time it in my head and BOOM, they are like WTF? All the above bring a smile to my face.

Scout: I use this are the table turner. When it is a stalemate, or we are under heavy pressure I will go scout and sneak in, around their guns, pistol down their guns, and just keep pissing off the engies. Soon after the engie will ask for a few other players to stick back and play D to help them out. Taking 2+ players off O and makign them hide in their base. I also like to just run around, and get 1 or two good shots on players and run away. I gets me some assists, but I do it more as an annoyance, they now focus on me jumping around like a wild man, and dont pay attention to the heavy hitters behind me.

Spy: With the new update with the dispensers giving cloak out, it is SWEET! I like staying cloaked on their dispenser and just watch them. Ill sap, the gun, cloak and watch. I dont care if they get the sapper off, ill just wait and do it again. it is funny as hell to watch them sap it and run around wrenching thin air looking for me... the entire time, I am ususally 2 feet away from them. If you can get a spy and a good player, doesnt even need to be a heavy hitter you can rampage and take alot of stuff out. Spy scout work great. Scout can divert attention from the engie, and the spy comes around and saps or stabs then saps. scout shoots the sapped gun 2-3 times and it is down.

Engie: I build guns and keep them up as long as I can. I throw down the annoying guns just to piss off the other team, and make them take alternate routes into the base. then move the gun to the alt route and they are like WTF???

I like to play the guy who keeps the other team on their toes. You never know what I will do next. My KPD usually sucks, but I play for the WIN, not a high score.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:38 pm

I likes the Engie first (shotgun is AWESOME and i love killing the same spies over and over again), then Soldier/Pyro and finally Medic. I hate those medics who won't leave the base, they need a kick in the face.

Last time I looked, I had 82 points as an Engie and 18 in the next highest spot or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm

i love every class except the heavy.. and sniper i suppose.

it all depends on the situation..

if i am feeling really hyper aggressive then its pyro.. to me its the only way to play pyro.. and i dont light people on fire i kill them.. and with kristy with me your sentry guns are temporary.

next i suppose is soldier.. soldier for all scenarios.. if we have too many pyros and i am feeling aggressive then its soldier.. i love killing pyros the most.. i love using the rocket launcher and setting up kill shots.. like a scout in the sewer.. pop him up in the air and against the wall then splat.

i love medic.. love love love medic.. we have so many great medics i dont get to play as much as i like to.. when i really want to win medic is the answer.

engie is when i am feeling really horny.. and defensive.. my theory of defense as engie is to get right up in your face and meet you as far away from my gun as possible.. in your base maybe... and a well timed followtheuber is the reward for all the bridge killing and general annoyance i try to cause.

demo is cool but i dont do it much.. went on a little run just to prove to myself that i could.. but i am a creature of habit and i think 4 classes to flip back and forth to/from is plenty... plus i dont see too many situations where a demo is NEEDED as opposed to a soldier/pyro/engie.

i only play scout when i notice a hole.. or have created the hole and its time to get the intel.. generally if you see me as scout change to scout because we're capping =)

Anonymous: here you go Nova... brace your self, sit down and enjoy... last time you will here this...............................................
Anonymous: you were right

"man with hand in pants feels cocky all day!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm

oh yeah i do love spy as well.. i dont like to play it for too long as it loses its effectiveness as time passes and the defenses tightens up their assholes..
spy is the class i lean on when we're almost capping.. dig it out as many times as it takes... i dont like being dominated tho.. which is another reason i dont spy too often.. anyone that thinks spies get a lot of dominations is wrong.. THEY'RE the ones being dominated.

Anonymous: here you go Nova... brace your self, sit down and enjoy... last time you will here this...............................................

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baby~J

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 pm

My favorite class to play is the support class (as I remember Nova referring to them as) medic and Engie.
Medic is always my go to character. I will always try to heal as many people around me as possible but I usally stick to one person that can be very distructive( ie See Oceans response). I will always use my syringe gun and enjoy a good ubersawen.
Next I would say engie. When I do this I am drinking that way I can build my gun then go get a beer amongst other things. I love the shottie and the wrench is a great melee tool. If there is no gun in front of the spawn I will build it if there is one there I will randomly build guns trying to remember each of your habits LOL Then of course they will just get destroyed while I get a beer/? Oh well just rebuild.
I will play spy when the intel is close just to keep it alive. Nothing tears me up more than to have the intel go back after we busted our ass to get it there.
Then Soilder/pyro when I feel the need to kill. Demo when the demo on my team doesn't cover the intel with stickeys. Scout and sniper when I am bored and need a change of which I get frustrated then go back to Medic
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Cowboy wrote:
They are almost useless though as far as capping goes with one good engie on the other team. The need some boomers to allow em to work and pave the road. I think Pyro and demo are the most effective classes on their own.

How is it no one seemed to notice Cowboy crossing over elements of L4D into TF2? Lol... "Tank's got intel, where the fuck is our pyro?!"
Back to top Go down
Frank_is_game

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm married to soldier, but sniper is my mistress.
Nothing makes me happier than running around hap-hazard crit-rocketing the crap out of everyone to the sound of the domination jingle EXCEPT splattering the brain and ego of any poor soul who dares venture onto the battlement or bridge. If i play another class it's to test myself or to fill a hole in the team strategy. I almost never play medic but props to the people who do, your the legend makers and the legend breakers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith-away

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:33 am

I enjoy playing Soldier...my 2nd favorite type of kill is shooting a scout out of the sky as it jumps from the bridge top to the balcony and I'm on the ground...I've only managed to make that shot twice. I like going up on the balcony and getting rid of any nemesis Snipers and then taking out the sentry in the spawn room. I don't cap much as a Soldier thought because I never have a medic on me because I go up to the balcony and I'm a terrible Soldier to uber due to my tendency to run out of rockets at critical times.
I also play Scout a bit when I know there's no sentry gun up top. However, I barely ever kill anything as a Scout and just play him to make flag runs.
I think I've played Demoman like 10 times total since TF2 came out. I'm probably the worst Demoman you've ever seen play. EVER.
I'll play Heavy if we need to protect the flag and it's in a nice choke point because I'm a pts whore. It's especially nice when an Engineer chooses to plop a dispenser nearby.
I actually rather like playing Medic too if there are killers on the team. I LOVE being a competent Pyro's Medic because I don't care what anyone says...Pyros are the best sentry killers. I never use the needlegun but I sure do love me some saw action.
I'll play Spy if I'm bored...but I'm not a very good Spy. I always seem to be running into people and I'm slow to disguise since I have no special binds for my costumes. I am, however, pretty good at sapping and then killing the Engineer...that's always good for kicks.
I don't play Pyro unless there's a Sentry that needs to be taken out and a Medic ready with an uber. That's about all I play Pyro for.
I play Engineer so much, I still haven't gotten the achievement for 10 kills with my sentry gun. I hate playing Engineer. A lot.
And I play Sniper. Duh. My favorite kill of all time is one where I'm on the balcony, and I watch my own team's Soldier rocket jump up to their balcony, and I know there's another player hiding to the right behind the wall. And then I see the Soldier shoot and the guy hiding is bounced up and you can see him just above the wall, and then I shoot him. I've made this shot once ever with many failures. And my third favorite shot is the Soldier rocket jumping up to my balcony and getting shot while I'm zoomed in out of reflex. I've made this shot many, many times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:02 pm

faith that was fun reading =)

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Nova wrote:
faith that was fun reading =)

He's just completed his first semester at "Lugburz's School of Verbose Vocabulary".

You'll go far young man!
Back to top Go down
chups

SteamID * : chups
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:11 pm

ok so as many of you know, I mostly stick with two classes medic and demo.
First I started with the medic, since I wanted to learn ins and outs of the game, so while I was attached to someone I was learning about the other classes and tactics. I was so many times quickly taken out. Over time I have learned the tricks and now I play it with ease and it is always fun when you attach to a good player. When there is enough medics on the team I go for the demo and I like it, many times I go in alone and I like playing mind games in the sewers (unless there is a sniper at the other end) or jumping the grate. And yes, those scouts are pesky little grasshoppers that I love when they got hit mid air with my pipe (not as often as I would like). Anyways lately with the demo I am exploring sticky-jumps and in the 2fort that is my favorite way of crossing the pond and avoiding the snipers. Although there are few of those snipers that manage to get me in mid air or at launch. so when playing I always try not to overload a class so if there 3 demos and 2 medic I usually go for something else like pyro or heavy. The other detail with medic is I love to uber demos and pyros, they are fast going, soldiers are ok while heavy is too slow for any advance. Another thing is that I do not talk a lot in game and mostly keep quiet, but I try to pay attention what team is doing and follow as medic or take alternate route as demo and come from the different direction of main attack. anyway I enjoy playing with good team and I hope you all enjoy my game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FHCtyler21

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:13 pm

I like meh demo, and ocean hates MY 40 oz Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harry

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm starting to love Sniper. But I don't like it when the other snipers are too good, so I usually end up following you guys and sniping random people in random places Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampiricCorn

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:39 pm

I love the Medic. mainly because I cant really play the other classes too well, other than engi that is. As medic I'm always on the front lines healing those I see running back and buffing those i pass bye. I like to hang around soldiers the most with a good heavy and demo a close second. I don't like to heal pyros, but I will if need be.

when get bored of playing medic or there are two already on the field I'll fall back to engi. When i play engi I'll build inside the base if no one hasn't yet but I really like to build outside the front door of the enemy base. or just randomly dropping sentries as I run around killing for more metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean_NB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Harry wrote:
I'm starting to love Sniper. But I don't like it when the other snipers are too good, so I usually end up following you guys and sniping random people in random places Very Happy

I'm digging sniper lately too, but I either switch when there is 0-1 and next thing you know we have 5, or I get that guilty feeling if I snipe we are not winning.

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:49 pm

when i play sniper its a total disconnect.. nothing else matters.. the game.. the people.. its a whole zone thing.. i think its because i suck and it takes every ounce of concentration to suck as little as possible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean_NB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Nova wrote:
when i play sniper its a total disconnect.. nothing else matters.. the game.. the people.. its a whole zone thing.. i think its because i suck and it takes every ounce of concentration to suck as little as possible.

I am just the opposite, I'll be sniping and have to run and snipe he stairs when someone touches our intel, or snipe from the door of the courtyard if someone says a crowd is coming out of the sewers. I lack the patients and attention span to be a good sniper. Doomed to suck @ sniping.

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Ocean_NB wrote:
Nova wrote:

I am just the opposite, I'll be sniping and have to run and snipe he stairs when someone touches our intel, or snipe from the door of the courtyard if someone says a crowd is coming out of the sewers. I lack the patients and attention span to be a good sniper. Doomed to suck @ sniping.

I dunno Ocean, you were getting headers off people mid-air as they went over the battlements the other night. I wouldn't place you anywhere near the "suck" category. Keep at it!
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Of course for me, my favorite class is medic because I don't need to have aim and rhythm which I so desperately lack. Same with engy. However, taking a step back, my favorite classes to med are pyro, soldier, and offensive demo.

I think pyro, when played well, is the most effective class for purely killing people and sentries. I have assisted in burning entire bases to the ground! It rocks my socks off!

Soldier has its advantages because they can RJ and get anywhere, and then shoot a rocket into someone's head. But because of the 4 rocket reload shit, and the slow shooting, soldiers are my least favorite choice for destroying a sentry unless its really close. Soldiers also do well in battles in large spaces where pyros excel in enclosed spaces.

A well played offensive demo is diffcult to med but is also absolutely brutalizing to the enemy team's entire base and sentries. A great pyro is hard to find, a well-played offensive demo is nearly impossible to find, whereas good soldiers are a dime a dozen. Its a rarity to see a fucking awesome offensive demo, but we are blessed to have A FEW in our midst here at the exiled!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.turdburglars.org
ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Kristy wrote:
...whereas good soldiers are a dime a dozen...
Uh huh, I see how it is....I'll make you eat those words next time I'm wearing "the crown" geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chups

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:39 pm

I'll help you there Gurt.... You have not seen original post, where A FEW was ONE

chups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ASSCLOWN

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: my fav and least   Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Wow there is alot of reading here all is good too. Im going to keep it short and say that my fav is soldier because i can rocket jump better than as a demo. My second is Pyro like Faith said ,nothing better than lighting someone on fire(it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I will also entertain all other classes!! spy is my worst.... Does anyone remember when i first started i always played Heavy and i did it well? I have a hard time with his speed now! I will have to work on that now and again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/home
ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Spy is the one that I absolutely suck as...unless it's situation specific...the intel is out and we're trying to inch it. I'd say he definitely has the steepest learning curve and I've always been too intimidated to try and learn (wow, that sounds gay, it's just a damned game).

I'm fairly uncomfortable as Demo too, especially when someone closes on me. I mean if I were to play it, I'd want to play it like Ocean and Core...offensive...I don't have the patience to camp in the base.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 pm

I refuse to touch the Demoman...and to some extent, I refuse to play Engineer too, but not as much as Demoman, which I just can't stand playing.
The key to being a good sniper isn't at all about how well you kill other snipers. It's about how good you are at killing everyone else. If anyone ever specs me, I think they'd be surprised on how many times I just ignore the other sniper if there's another target around. I'm amazed at how many snipers do nothing but pop out and take a shot at another sniper and that is ALL they do. And in the end, it's not even aim...I can't speak for Scynthus, but I know my "aim" in terms of tracking a target is not that good. I do a lot of prediction and hope that someone wanders to where my dot is...that's probably why I'm not that good of a Scout in terms of killing people with the scattergun...I'm pretty bad at aiming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chups

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Predictable huh? And bad aim?

You still manage to get me while I am airborne...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scynthus

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Faith-away wrote:
I do a lot of prediction and hope that someone wanders to where my dot is...

A lot of my game is prediction as well. For example, Scout jumping off battlements onto the roof of the bridge. I don't follow the Scout and fire when I manage to place my dot on his head. As soon as he makes the first jump I place my dot where I know his head will eventually pass, from there its only timing of the shot, which is not hard. When they make their second jump, I just reposition the dot in the correct spot.

Most of the time Scouts don't play very smart and they make their second jump in the same direction as their first. All that does is increases their chance of dying. My favorite Scouts are those who TRY to dodge my bullet. At least they make it a bit more challenging which adds to the fun.

I guess I'll give a little Scout tip from the eyes of a Sniper. When jumping for the roof of the bridge, don't aim for the water as your first jump, UNLESS you actually want to go into the water from the battlements. I chuckle inside when I see Scouts do this because my dot is already inline for their second jump before they even make it for the bridge.

Zomg my hack strats are revealed... noooooooooo... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 pm

i am convinced that some bad snipers kill me BECAUSE of the juking and dodging i do.. its like they have bad aim and are shooting me where i want them to but missing that spot and are actually HITTING ME! rofl

anyway here's a little vid on hitboxes so make what you want out of it =)
http://tf2.digitaljedi.com/2008/tf2-hitboxes/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Hitting guys that are airborne are possible the EASIEST shots a sniper gets. It's uncanny how what Scynthus said is exactly what I do...and actually, the best way for a Scout to get across the top of the bridge to get to me is for him to run on one side of the top the entire time. Once they start doing that silly left to right thing, they are a dead duck...because I'll just keep my dot on one side and wait for him to run in front of it.
As for what Nova said...I sometimes have the hardest times hitting snipers that don't try to dodge. I'm so used to trying to kill guys like Scynthus, that someone like Frank, who I'm convinced has very good aim, but doesn't attempt to dodge for shit, gives me a huge problems. Like I used to have such a hard time killing SomeGOD, because not only did he have great aim, but he did the whole inching out thing and never bothered to strafe out...luckily, he was essentially useless to his team as a sniper because all he did was kill me whereas Scynthus has no such prejudices and kills everyone and everything.
I'm telling you, aim is not even half of what I think makes a sniper good. He has to be able to process the information displayed like who killed who, and who just rocket jumped up, etc. to figure out where the best place to aim is where the next guy he thinks is going to come out. If I see a Gurtman rocket jump up to the other balcony on the right side, I don't bother even looking at the right side until Gurtman either dies or falls off or a few seconds pass. Or if I hear an Engineer saying that hsi sentry is being sapped that I know is in the spawn area, I'll keep my ears open for a possible spy attack (Scythus is like a fucking king at detecting people that aren't supposed to be on the balcony...I know, because I have failed many times to get rid of a domination by going Spy or Soldier on him). Too many people think that playing Sniper is all about aim and shoot, and too many noobs think they are good Snipers when they waste so much effort trying to kill an opposing Sniper...but there is a big mental aspect of things too, and nothing frustrates me more than Soldiers that manage to get through the sewer and then go right outside just to rocket jump up to kill Snipers (I know, because I do that ALL THE TIME) because there is no indication for the Sniper that the Soldier is coming. Nothing sucks more than being killed by someone you never had a chance to kill in the first place (that includes the fun crit rocket from the water...that's always a favorite).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scynthus

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Nova wrote:
i am convinced that some bad snipers kill me BECAUSE of the juking and dodging i do.. its like they have bad aim and are shooting me where i want them to but missing that spot and are actually HITTING ME! rofl

anyway here's a little vid on hitboxes so make what you want out of it =)

A while back I saw a similar video except with CS:S. So I knew about the hitbox flaw however, I didn't know about that lag compensation command. Any reason why we don't use that..? I really hate headshotting a Sniper to only find out that my "headshot" only put blood on his face instead of actually killing him or doing any damage whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:39 pm

My puppy is still cuter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean_NB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Read the first comment below the vid Nova linked.

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down
Scynthus

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Faith-away wrote:
Hitting guys that are airborne are possible the EASIEST shots a sniper gets. It's uncanny how what Scynthus said is exactly what I do...and actually, the best way for a Scout to get across the top of the bridge to get to me is for him to run on one side of the top the entire time. Once they start doing that silly left to right thing, they are a dead duck...because I'll just keep my dot on one side and wait for him to run in front of it.
As for what Nova said...I sometimes have the hardest times hitting snipers that don't try to dodge. I'm so used to trying to kill guys like Scynthus, that someone like Frank, who I'm convinced has very good aim, but doesn't attempt to dodge for shit, gives me a huge problems. Like I used to have such a hard time killing SomeGOD, because not only did he have great aim, but he did the whole inching out thing and never bothered to strafe out...luckily, he was essentially useless to his team as a sniper because all he did was kill me whereas Scynthus has no such prejudices and kills everyone and everything.
I'm telling you, aim is not even half of what I think makes a sniper good. He has to be able to process the information displayed like who killed who, and who just rocket jumped up, etc. to figure out where the best place to aim is where the next guy he thinks is going to come out. If I see a Gurtman rocket jump up to the other balcony on the right side, I don't bother even looking at the right side until Gurtman either dies or falls off or a few seconds pass. Or if I hear an Engineer saying that hsi sentry is being sapped that I know is in the spawn area, I'll keep my ears open for a possible spy attack (Scythus is like a fucking king at detecting people that aren't supposed to be on the balcony...I know, because I have failed many times to get rid of a domination by going Spy or Soldier on him). Too many people think that playing Sniper is all about aim and shoot, and too many noobs think they are good Snipers when they waste so much effort trying to kill an opposing Sniper...but there is a big mental aspect of things too, and nothing frustrates me more than Soldiers that manage to get through the sewer and then go right outside just to rocket jump up to kill Snipers (I know, because I do that ALL THE TIME) because there is no indication for the Sniper that the Soldier is coming. Nothing sucks more than being killed by someone you never had a chance to kill in the first place (that includes the fun crit rocket from the water...that's always a favorite).

^This.
Couldn't have said it any better Faith.

The Sniper has to be the easiest target to kill. Why? The Sniper only has 125 HP. He is a light weight class, making him easy to knock into the air by explosive damage, if by some chance it doesn't kill him. And his primary weapon takes away vision of his surroundings.

- As a Sniper, you need to track the location of your enemies as well as your allies.
- Also keep track of the names of the players your around and pay attention to the kill list. If an ally that passed you just a few seconds ago got killed, you need to adjust to whats about to come.
- Environment. Because of the Sniper's play style you have to make sure you always have the advantage. It's not going to take much for your opponent to kill you.
- SOUND! Sound is very important, you need to listen for rocket jumps, cloaking and uncloaking spys, and foot steps.

I have to admit that sometimes I'm so focused on whats going on around me that I don't even hear what my team is talking about like calling out the pyro that was on his way to the battlements Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scynthus

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Ocean_NB wrote:

Ah.. that's interesting...Thanks Ocean Razz

Still, getting killed by a Sniper with blood all over his face pisses me off! >_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm extremely bad at hearing rocket jumps...and I try to pay attention to footsteps for Spies, but it never fails that I whip out my machete everytime I hear footsteps and after the 4th time I do that to a teammate and I give up, a Spy comes along to stab me.
That's one reason I get so annoyed when we have a team with like 2 Engineers and a Pyro, and I still don't get a warning like 5 times in a row about a Spy. Bundy stabbed me like 10 times a few nights ago and it was driving me fucking insane. I like it when Nova plays Engineer because he will give a warning when he needs to. Fuck the silent Engineers who think they just have to guard their guns without talking.

I'd like to add that nothing is funnier than dueling another Sniper and then seeing a Pyro on my own team burn him to death. I always wonder how the opposing team can allow that to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Ocean_NB wrote:

play pyro.. i dont care what he says but you sure as hell dont aim at the actual enemy.. you aim at the hitbox.. and describe how he stabs the hitbox and shoots the hitbox not the sniper..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
krazykid

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:42 am

I went home and my CL_compensation was set to 1. that is default as I never changed it.

With that being set this way, the hit box is linked to the player... or am I backwards?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:23 am

krazykid wrote:
I went home and my CL_compensation was set to 1. that is default as I never changed it.

With that being set this way, the hit box is linked to the player... or am I backwards?

who the f knows dude..
if you're never gonna join the team i am on why not make it CL_compensation 2

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean_NB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:04 am

FUCK VALVE! THEY CAN SUCK A BAG OF DICKS AND DIE!

The have:

lowered the number of stickies and pipes you can carry
made it so pipes don't explode on bounce hit
increased the delay between shooting and detonating stickies
made it so other classes can shoot and destroy stickies
made it so the pyro can blow stickies away
and now they have nerfed the damage of the stickies do

Do they regret putting the demo class in the game, and are now attempting to nerf is so bad that it ceases to be fun so everyone will stop playing it? They have essentially turned the class into a camper class. Unless you have your full clip stuck to a wall and wait for someone to walk into them, they are fucking useless. All i did all night was bounce people around. I had all 8 stickies on the ground around a Heavy w/ a medic and all I managed to do was bounce him really high in the air. All night i would pepper a crowd and kill no one.

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

F10

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 am

LOL...that's what we figured. On that note, I had the most miserable time tonight killing people with the sniper rifle. I could barely kill anyone with 1 shot. It was driving me nuts...so I went back to heavy and had some fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballsac

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 am

Scynthus wrote:
Faith-away wrote:
I do a lot of prediction and hope that someone wanders to where my dot is...

A lot of my game is prediction as well. For example, Scout jumping off battlements onto the roof of the bridge. I don't follow the Scout and fire when I manage to place my dot on his head. As soon as he makes the first jump I place my dot where I know his head will eventually pass, from there its only timing of the shot, which is not hard. When they make their second jump, I just reposition the dot in the correct spot.

Most of the time Scouts don't play very smart and they make their second jump in the same direction as their first. All that does is increases their chance of dying. My favorite Scouts are those who TRY to dodge my bullet. At least they make it a bit more challenging which adds to the fun.

I guess I'll give a little Scout tip from the eyes of a Sniper. When jumping for the roof of the bridge, don't aim for the water as your first jump, UNLESS you actually want to go into the water from the battlements. I chuckle inside when I see Scouts do this because my dot is already inline for their second jump before they even make it for the bridge.

Zomg my hack strats are revealed... noooooooooo... lol!
This is true most of the time faith. But when im scout its different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scynthus

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:22 am

Ocean_NB wrote:
FUCK VALVE! THEY CAN SUCK A BAG OF DICKS AND DIE!

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

F10

This was me during all the Sniper nerfs... except Valve called us exploiters while nerfing us :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am

Ocean_NB wrote:
They have:

1) lowered the number of stickies and pipes you can carry
2) made it so pipes don't explode on bounce hit
3) increased the delay between shooting and detonating stickies
4) made it so other classes can shoot and destroy stickies
5) made it so the pyro can blow stickies away
6) and now they have nerfed the damage of the stickies do
Ocean I agree with what Valve did to the demoman for #6.

< my other opinions deleted>

The biggest demoman problem for me was that I always thought the demo stickies were waaaay too powerful. The enormous damage they did and the large blast radius the stickies had are some of my earliest memories of TF2. And don't forget that the TF2 creators describe the demoman as a defensive class, for which these changes aren't as big an impact. < insert Ocean's snicker here>

Agreed though, it does suck when they make such major changes to classes after the game's been out for over a year. Since Valve gave the soldier 4 rockets back it is possible some of these changes will be reversed, or tweaked in the future...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
FHCtyler21

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:39 am

I agree there Ocean.... it does seem like they've regarded the demo now as the bastard child, and all the stuff with the sticky bombs is horrible (no good way to say that). I actually had an easier time with my pipes last night which used to be my bread and butter til I saw how effective you were with your stickies just tossing and popping them. I'd say most all of my sticky kills came when the enemy was already down a bit, or if i set a trap with at least 5 or 6 of them, waited, then cleaned up what I could with pipes. Someone needs to tell Valve to knock this shit off before we show them what REAL drunken bottling is Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocean_NB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 am

Monkey, this is not the first time the stickies have been nerfed, it is actually the second or third time the damage has been reduced, and the blast radius has been reduced at least once that i know of.

If you think it is more balanced not, i submit toy you... play the class for a full night. I do not mean, protect the courtyard or camp the grate, I mean charge crowds in the sewer, attack the intel, be the lead when storming a courtyard to destroy the SGs, and tell me your kdeath the next morning.

-Eddie Izzard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favortie Classes?   

Back to top Go down

Favortie Classes?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next