The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sprays in LFD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Every jpg I try to import into LFD for use as a spray, no matter how I resize it results in the "please use an image sized at 256, 128, 64 ... blablabla pixels" error popup.

C'mon there's got to be an easier way? What am I doing wrong? Jeez I remember in Counterstrike Source it was so easy to make an image into a spray - I'd just resize it to be 256 tall (or wide, I forget) and it worked. What the heck did Valve change in these newer games?

(BTW TF2 ain't no picnic either)

santa
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:33 pm

if you can make it in TF2 then just make it there... then import the finished spray into L4D..

if not.. CSS is massively forgiving regarding sprays.. import the pic there and make the spray.. then import the spray into L4D from the CSS folders..
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:36 pm

are you making your spray square... I use 256*256 and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:13 am

I'll second what everyone else has said and suggest you just make a copy of your TF2 spray (I think its in the "materials\VGUI\logos" folder), and then paste it into the appropriate folder for L4D.
Back to top Go down
Scynthus

Scynthus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Another thing you can try is changing the file extension to .bmp or .tga(.) Thats what I had to do for my spray, although the error I had was different. Just throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 am

Yeah every spray I've created I have had to set at 256x256, which seems to have fixed the problem. But not all images have that aspect ratio so I have to matte some pics to a black square that is 256x256, a bit tedious but it works.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Sponsored content

Sprays in LFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sprays in LFD   Sprays in LFD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sprays in LFD
Page 1 of 1