The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the bug list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-12-09

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:04 pm

i dont normally track this sort of thing but some people may find them useful..
this is one i thought might affect some people here... would be pretty shitty to get screwed out of this one:
Code:
- For any achievement that takes a whole campaign to complete (upset stomach, nothing special, the individual campaigns, the expert achievements, etc.), they MUST be completed on a dedicated server. Otherwise, only the local -host- will get credit for the achievement. [confirmed]
anyway here's the link:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8463036#post8463036
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Yah, I don't care about achievements or points really unless they unlock something ala tf2. Does anyone know if thats the case with L4D? Are there hidden items/goodies to be had for getting all the achievements?
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Cowboy wrote:
Does anyone know if thats the case with L4D? Are there hidden items/goodies to be had for getting all the achievements?

well if there is i'm sure ocean will find them =)
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Metagaming bastard...Smile
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:25 am

I saw what in my opinion is a map exploit today in Blood Harvest. I'm sure it came in handy for those folks who played thru LFD co-op on expert, but in VS it made for a very frustrating game for the infected.

In the finale the survivors can defend from the hordes and tanks in the rafter of the barn, not the house. There's only one ladder up to the rafter, and a window and a hole in the roof. Very easy to defend from, and the tanks have a hard time getting up there, as well as almost all infected... you know the designers didn't intend for the survivors to defend from there since the infected constantly auto-spawn near the house.

I'm hoping they change the map to make the barn rafter not so easily defendable when they update the game soon (add more entrances, windows/holes, etc).
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:49 am

BTW one more cheap exploit is to not attack with the second tank in any finale - basically hide the tank. Since the tank doesn't die, the rescue never comes and the other 3 infected are free to terrorize the survivors as long as they want, slowly wearing them down.

Stuff like that is exploiting the game in ways the designers never intended, so unless they patch the game to prevent these mild exploits and force the players to adhere to the "spirit" of the game, expect more of it, sadly.

These kinds of things, the more I play the game (and I don't play it as much as others here), has got me wishing they never made VS fixed at "Normal" difficulty - at least at "Advanced" the survivors wouldn't rush as much for fear of getting horde-beaten, and would encourage them to use creeping strategery (a'la Expert mode) more.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Well said monkey!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the bug list Empty
PostSubject: Re: the bug list   the bug list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the bug list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: Left 4 Dead-
Jump to: