The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*

Go down 
+2
Cowboy
ShitHeel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:18 pm

I'm not very far in at this point, on level 8 I believe and I've only just talked to Three Dog at GNR in the main quest. I've mostly been exploring around the map and doing some of the side quests. I found Dogmeat and let him roll with me, but I usually leave him at home so he doesn't get himself killed. Also, I disarmed the bomb in Megaton rather than blowing the town up. I'm trying to keep my karma on the good side for the first go-round.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Yo gurt, I have been playing a little on the side as well when I have time. It is a cool game. I actually got the detonator from the shady looking dude and was gonna blow the bomb, then I told the sherriff guy from Megaton and he went to kick the guys ass. Long story short, the sherriff turns his back, the guy kills him, I kill the guy and Zack ends up with a whole lot of guns and gear for free:) I really enjoy the game, too bad it wasn;t multiplayer like the new Elder scrolls is supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Great game - hasn't grabbed me as much as Oblivion did but then again Oblivion had more pretty places to go and things to see...

Same criticism of Oblivion I have for Fallout - after a certain point (nowhere near the end BTW) it becomes too easy.

I bought the addon to Oblivion and my buff demon killer wasn't phased by the baddie at the end at all - I barely healed.

Same sort of thing is going on now in Fallout - unless I take some rockets or a mini-nuke to the head, I'll be able to plasma rifle my way out of any scrape I get myself into. And now I've even got a friendly super mutant tagging along with his trusty Gatling laser (I know it makes no sense but it looks cool).

Anyhow an important thing to note is that unlike Oblivion if you finish the main plotline of Fallout the game will end - so be sure you've seen enough and had your fill of the game before that final mission. I'm at level 20 (been there for a while too) and there are still quite a few things I need to see, explore and do before I end the game.

When I get home I'll look up the perks you must have (like the one that gets you an extra 4 skill points when you level up, and the one that gets you 2 skill points for reading a skillbook rather than 1)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:21 pm

I just got the Fatman so I'm going to go use it on the "Family" in the subway by Arefu. I didn't realize you could do that quest by just talking to them and killed the first one that guards the gate. Now they don't like me =)
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Yeah there is another way to complete the Arefu quest without killing all the Family - thats how i did it - don't sweat it too much tho - the big payoff is a perk that lets you get 20 health from bloodpacks - with sleeping and all the stimpacks laying around the blood-perk is no biggie.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:47 am

fuck i hate this game. its buggy as shit and hard as hell. i have played countless hours and i think i am all of level 6. i dont even have money for fucking ammo. i am so poor. i hate this game. i force myself to play it because i think, somewhere in there, it will get good, and then they send me to kill fire ants and i can not kill them. at all. i die constantly. the game crashes or bugs out constantly. the vats system is fucked.

fuck this fucking piece of shit game!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 am

Oh Kristy sounds like your rig may be the problem - I've only had one lockup due to Fallout 3, compared with 4 with LFD.

Four was you can get cash in abundance:
  • Get to the Arlington library - a brotherhood of steel gal will offer you 100 caps per undamanged pre-war book you bring her.

• In the north-seneca metro station (I think) there's a ghoul with a bodyguard who'll pay you caps for sugarbomb cereal - and he'll sell you the super-jet he makes from it. Superjet (I think it's called) is a drug that will get you a ton more action points when you're fighting, but like all drugs you will get addicted after while so you gotta watch out.

• Later in the game if you're super good or super evil and get a certain perk (forget their names, one for good, one for evil) you'll be able to cut the ears or fingers off of the evil/good folks you kill out in the wastes for caps - someone will give you caps for each finger/ear you bring to them (I forget how much cash but it's non-trivial)

• But the best, quickest and easiest way to generate caps is to sell all the crap you find, especially guns. You absolutely have to get a house - either in Megaton or the penthouse in tenpenny tower. You can't have both - so either get the right skills and exp to disarm the bomb in megaton to get that house, or blow megaton up to get the penthouse. Once you have a house, you'll have someplace to store all the crap you find so you can sell all of it for caps.

The house is key, because you can offload all the junk you carry between sojurns out in the wastes. More on the house later...
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:09 am

Really Kristy? I don't think mine has crashed once, did you install the patch they put out?

Concerning money, there's a store called Super Duper Mart just a bit northeast of Megaton, there's a bunch of Raiders you can kill and haul their gear back and sell it to Moira.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Here is my box:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.21 Ghz
2 gigs o' ram
Nvidia geforce 8800 gts

the rest is unimportant and doesnt relate but i dont think its my box. and yes i have patched the fucking game. i think it might be that the game i have isnt necessarily the ... most... legit... copy. shhh. but yeah. regardless of the crashing and the bugs, i still hate the game. they send me to go kill fire ants and there is no way in hell i can kill them without god mode. i try to travel anywhere and shit just fucks me up. its a stupid fucking game.
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Definitely not your box, mine is pretty similar. Ha-ha...."your box" lol
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Monkey man in action   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Watch more video games and play free games at WeGame.
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:20 am

Ocean just posted a vid of mine where I was lucky enough to have FRAPs running when The Mysterious Stranger showed up to help me out.

This vid is of good times at the Lincoln Memorial (sorry about my first miss with the rocket launcher):

Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:24 am

This is a vid showing my Level 20 stats. A vid was easier than typing all that crap out, so hit the pause button if you need to linger on my pip-boy!

Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:31 am

*Edit*
Gurt = Dumb | Ocean = Smart

Cool vids Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:41 pm

huh

i dont see any video or even a link, just a bunch of html code... i dont get it??/
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:54 pm

Click on Profile in the nav under the banner, choose Preferences, and set Always allow HTML : to yes.
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:26 am

I HATE THE FUCKING LOCAL MAP in Fallout 3 - for cripes sakes why show entrances and exits when you can't access them from the level you're on? Is that supposed to be some kind of fucking tease? AARRGH!

I'm in the statesman hotel and I literally can't get out - it's taking me over 30 mins to NOT get out of the fucking hotel! What with all the ruined rooms and blocked halls and stair wells, I have a hard time navigating around and now I NEED to leave to get a fission battery to end the Reilly's Rangers quest. Fuckin' A!
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:47 am

Have any of you dudes tried a straight melee fighter, with no gun skills at all? Thats my next character, an uber evil tank with a sledgehammer. Seems doable with the perks and armor I saw playing through as an uber good gunslinger. I'll even get myself a night elf mohawk like mr.T:)
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:21 am

Cowboy wrote:
Have any of you dudes tried a straight melee fighter, with no gun skills at all? Thats my next character, an uber evil tank with a sledgehammer. Seems doable with the perks and armor I saw playing through as an uber good gunslinger. I'll even get myself a night elf mohawk like mr.T:)
That would be a tough (probably the toughest) character to play - you'd need all the right perks for it plus the death claw (or something even better) would be a must. My only concern would be those encounters with a missile-launcher laden foe...
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 am

No doubt Monkey, I hate melee. In fact, I don't even carry a melee weapon now, I need the weight for bigger guns and armor.
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:20 pm

The best non-unique melee weapon I have found is the ripper, but the one you want to build is the shishkebab - it burns and rips at the same time (and does a lot of damage).

On a different note - the best weapon in the game I have used, by far, is the A3-21 Plasma Rifle - you can get it as a prize for completing the Rivet City "Replicated Man" quest (assuming you make the right choices during that quest). It can be repaired using regular plasma rifles (which you can pry from dead Enclave Soldiers hands).

On an unreal best weapon note - the Alien Blaster is the most powerful in the game, but with so little ammo (there's no more than 200 to be found in all the wasteland, and I found 110 within the spaceship I found it in) I was always afraid to use it.

In contrast, I ended the game with over 1400+ ammo for the A3-21 PlasmaRifle... hence my declaration of it being the best weapon in the game.
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:38 am

OK I finished Fallout 3 - I made sure I completed most quests (at least the ones that interested me) before starting out on the final quest.

I won't ruin the ending for anyone but I will say this about Fallout 3: while it is a great game, and very enjoyable and I have no regret buying it - after Level 8 or 10 or so it became too fucking easy. Just like Oblivion before it, my dude in-game was a terrifying monster by the end of the game, I mean almost nothing was a real threat to me. I'd even take some rockets to the head just for fun but the worst part is that by the end of the game I had probably hoarded upwards of 180 stimpacks. Since the game pauses while you use your pip-boy there's no penalty to healing up in the middle of the most ferocious battle, which is unlike Oblivion where you had to use potions to heal (and could only drink 3 or so before it wouldn't let you anymore) or cast healing spells (where you're restricted by mana).

BTW I played through Fallout 3 up until Level 10 or so on Normal Difficulty, then on Hard Difficulty after that.

I'm considering playing the game again as a completely evil prick at Very Hard Difficulty - a melee, small arms and explosives focused character. I'll blow up megaton and start collecting slaves for Paradise Falls (a town I had previously massacred as the "humanities' last best hope").
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Alright, there are even torrents up for the old music that plays on Galaxy News Radio:) Those stupid songs have been stuck in my head for weeks:)

"I don't want to set the world on fire..." as I lay waste to a towns populus with a flamethrower:)
Back to top Go down
Dub_P

Dub_P

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I absolutely love this game although it can get boring at points.I beat it once but I'm on my second play through because I missed a lot of side quests.Oh and a heads up for you guy's with Nvidia cards the new driver has a problem with V.A.T.S. and will crash your game every time you use it outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Dub_P

Dub_P

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Just a quick heads up.They have released the add-on but you have do download it through Live Marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*   Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 *May Contain Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: The Rest of the Story-
Jump to: