The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lugburz introduction

Go down 
+5
VampiricCorn
Nova
Big_Monkey_Brother
Kristy
ShitHeel
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Lugburz introduction Empty
PostSubject: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:40 pm

*tips hat and twists faux mustache*

Hey there,

I'm 25 and I've been massively into FPS games since 98' with the release of the first Half Life. I still remember fragging people online in HLDM on 56k dial-up.

Due to the fact I'm a FPS fan, and subsequently have followed every major release by Valve over the years, I became enamored with TF (origional) and rekindled my love again with TF2. The map 2fort was always a huge favorite of mine, and after stumbling across the 24/7 2fort server (courtesy of CON), I became a semi-regular there in some capacity although I never got involved in the forums and or politics involving the fallout between this group of friends and the CON crew.

Frankly, I don't really care to know all the particulars, suffice to say that I had a blast playing along side you guys (and gal) on the 24/7 2fort server and have continued to have a blast playing L4D with you all as well. Since I sat out tonight, I thought I would throw up an intro post.

To be honest, I'm relishing my free time. It won't last long though, since as of Jan 12th, I'll be starting up my second semester for grad school and time will become limited once again (hence my going M.I.A. during the CON debacle). Winter break has been a nice mix of zombie fragging and relaxation; I only wish it would last a bit longer. Anyhow, I'll still work my way into freeing up time.

PS - Oh and to get it out of the way: I work with psych patients (man in white coat more or less), I live in Philadelphia, any other info you want you can get here: http://kfink.tumblr.com
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:12 am

Hey Lug, welcome
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:16 am

Hi Lugz, grrrreat introduction! Good luck on your classes in January and have fun with the loonies in the loonie bin! Smile hehehehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:13 am

Welcome again Lug - please share more nuthouse stories with us like this one - "a patient told me in all seriousness that jesus sneaks into their room and gives them piggy back rides"

Hilrious! Those folks have very creative minds! Who would've dreamed up something like that but someone with special challenges!

CYA online - BTW our TF2 nights usually have no server issues (hehe)

santa
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 am

it takes a special person to do that sort of work.

welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
VampiricCorn

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:13 am

Hey lugz, great to see you here!
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 am

Welcome to eXiled, Lugz!
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
Harry

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:55 am

Hey Lug! Good to see you here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Not that it's of major importance, but my real name is Keegan, which for whatever the reason seems impossible for people to pronounce and or remember for about 25% of those that I meet. Then again, my name in it's entireity doesn't make things any easier: Keegan Garret Fink (no, I won't rat anyone out).

In addition to being a nerd from a young age (loved reading very early on), and gaming during my adolescent years, I've cultivated a host of online gaming handles. The one I used prior, which isn't a shock, was "Roll D20" (meant to echo my gaming roots). The one I use currently, and have for some time now, is the name of Sauron's tower in Black Speech (an archaic language in JRR Tolkien's Lord of The Rings. Also the same language used for the inscription on the ring of power). "Lug" essentially means "tower/stone", "burz" meaning "dark". The blackmetal band Burzum takes it's name from the ring's inscription and means darkness.

This may also make more sense for those curious about my avatar (taken freely from an artist on deviant.com), which I also modified for use as my in-game spray. Is it any wonder I've set myself on a path towards librarianship? Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 pm

*looks side to side* ahem... Lug, your geek is hanging out. tongue
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
krazykid

krazykid

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 am

Whats going on Lugz? Nice intro... Ill see ya around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:10 am

While I'm sure some of you have heard of the bizzare shit that goes on where I work, I'm sure all of you (I hope) have never seen the inside of a psych unit. Generally speaking, it's just like almost any other hospital unit except it's one loooooong hall. This way we can keep an eye on the patients when they're outside their room. Ours is a locked unit with only two doors leading in and out:

Lugburz introduction 3184315421_ecf2ca8315
Back to top Go down
Seansie

Seansie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey Lug,
The story behind your game name is awesome (and totally geeky)... I wish I could have come up with something that cool...

I sometimes go by Svirfneblin (the deep gnomes from D&D), but that just irritates people...

...and when I play StarCraft I go by T. Baggins...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lugburz introduction   Lugburz introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lugburz introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: General Discussion :: Introductions-
Jump to: