The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-12-09

EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Empty
PostSubject: EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.   EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:34 am

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090106-feds-note-gaming-drm-woes-ftc-to-hold-town-hall-meeting.html

Nothing like colossal a fuck-up to get everyone's attention. But if they take a proper approach to DRM, or DRM dissolves because of it, then it wasn't a waste at all.
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
skippy

skippy

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.   EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I just want to see accurate labeling. Vote with your wallet and all that. :-p I really want to see Steam label DRMed games more clearly!!
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.   EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 am

Just wait a few days after release and read the reviews,before buying, thats what I do these days.
Back to top Go down
skippy

skippy

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.   EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 am

Yeah, it still sucks having to dig up that info though, instead of it just being right on the store page.
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.   EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am

Steam games and the ability to buy them via the internet w/o the necessity of leaving the house is the cat's ass! ... until you try to play one w/o an internet connection. WHY WHY WHY? Dear Valve, you know the funking game is official, I BOUGHT IT FROM YOU, AND YOU LET ME DOWNLOAD IT. Why must i always have access to the net to play a game i paid for. Some games on Steam will NOT start at all in offline mode (Fallout 3).

2-3 times a year, 15-25 of us get together at a buddy's camp for an extended weekend of drinking, eating, and gaming (don't judge me, you fuckin nerds are online all night every night). The camp, however does not have internet access, and starting Steam in offline mode is a crap shoot. Steam has a nasty habit of launching in offline mode, assuming it launching in online mode, thinking it has internet access, and deleting you credentials file so that it can renew it w/ you latest connection to the net. This causes Steam to unusable until the next time you have internet access. So inevitably 3-4 of us have to pile in the truck and drive down the road to someone's house who has net access, else not play any of our Steam purchased games for the weekend.

YEA Steam DRM... sadly, still one of the less offensive forms of DRM out there, so long as you have net access.
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.   EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA Games' Spore DRM debocle does some good.
Page 1 of 1