The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dedicated L4d Server

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-17

New Dedicated L4d Server Empty
PostSubject: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:04 pm

I've got a completely dedicated server up and going right now. I still have a lot of tweaking and testing to do, but please feel free to try it out. I have it set to vs mode only and also setup so that only people from the steamgroup exiled can join it. Please let me know how it works as I need real people to test it with. Thanks Smile.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:44 pm

That's awesome! I will be sure to check it out later this aft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:50 pm

As far as connecting to it, I have it set so that only people in the steamgroup eXiled can connect to it. When you launch l4d, you will usually see a list of steam group servers. Just click on the eXiled one and choose connect. Sometimes it takes a minute for the list to populate, so don't be surprised if you don't see it right away.

As for the server itself, like I said, I have it set to versus only right now. In addition, there is not lobby yet, you just join up and play. The maps were working right, with a few glitches I saw. Some being the climbing paths sometimes didn't show up and some of the roof was missing in a few levels. After playing through all of them a few times, I think it is better now. Also, when the round is over and you finish, you will not be connected to the lobby. Instead, you will just continue on to the next part. Best way to describe it is like a constant map rotation.

I do have sourcemod installed on it for server administration and will be setting everyone up after I get thing ironed out. Some neat features are as follows:

As an admin you can switch people from team to team without the restriction of 1 switch per map.

As admin you can spawn other zombies, which is pretty kick ass.

You also have all the usual admin functions; kick, ban, slay, etc.

Please let me know what if any problems you encounter. I did notice that somehow someone not in eXiled got in earlier. Not sure how yet, but like I said, there is still much for me to learn and tweak. Keep me posted and I'll do the same for you all. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MAN

MAN

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Pretty cool! I wish I could connect... but still a good idea. Wink

Can't wait for it to fit us perfectly! Smile
Back to top Go down
smuggler

smuggler

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:34 pm

The lobby shouldn't be a problem.

Here's how it should work (correct me if I'm wrong Nova)

The server.cfg has the sv_search_key set to something.

Someone from here also puts that same sv_search_key in their config files (or sets it from the developers console).

That same person starts up a Lobby (not off the server, just a general friends-only lobby)

Once the lobby leader selects "Start Game" it should find the dedicated server that ZeroTolerance has set up.

I don't think it's possible to select the Server and then select to setup a lobby off of that server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pompetti.com
ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok, I've added the sv_search key. For now i made it sv_search_key eXiledl4d. You should put that in your autoexec.cfg. If you don't wish to do that, you can do it like so:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/left-4-dead/130717-tacticalgamer-coms-left-4-dead-server-guide-updated.html
Back to top Go down
ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:58 pm

Currently the sv_search_key idea isn't working. You are still able to join though using steamgroups as described earlier.

Some things learned tonight:

You can play vs on any map. However, if it is a non-vs map and someone wants to join, they will be unable to. If the map is changed to a vs map and then the person joins, it can then be changed to any map and played through on vs.

If you are infected, and an admin spawns a boss zombie, if you are already alive, nothing happens, but if you are dead, you become that zombie with 0 health.

If you are infected and an admin spawns a tank, if you are already alive and spawned, you or someone else alive/spawned will become the tank.

1 witch is bad. 50 is just plain scary.

Anyways, I'll work on figuring out the lobby thing if it can be done at all on vs. For now though, the server is up and running well on vs only. Again, please use steam group to connect. If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Update as of 6:15 today...shit, 6:15 already, I gotta go eat...anyways...

The lobby setting now works. I removed the steam group setting and the steam group exclusive and now I have the lobby working. I do not want to give the sv_search_key out in public, so I'll have to pm people with it, or put it in a non public viewed forum.

For now, the only way to connect is via the lobby and using the sv_search_key. I'll explain more if you do not know how to do this, just ask. A few posts up I showed how to do it, but if you are having problems, just let me know.

Like I said though, for now no one knows the search key but me. We can decide on one if you would like, just let me know. Be back after dinner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dedicated L4d Server   New Dedicated L4d Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dedicated L4d Server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: Left 4 Dead-
Jump to: