The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

**ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**

Go down 
+7
Xyless
Toilet Duk
Dub_P
Faith-away
pepple84
Nova
Kristy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-10

**ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Empty
PostSubject: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

hello, i need your help.

my keyboard and mouse are both wireless and about 8 or 9 years old. i feel its really affecting my game play because they are so old and crusty. and because they take batteries, i feel if the batteries are not super charged, my actions are delayed (especially with the mouse). i dont know how many times i click to try to get off my uber and it doesn't go off.

so i would like suggestions for super awesome keyboards and mouses that are great for gaming and preferrably not corded I suppose.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here have a present: flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 pm

get a g5 corded mouse..
as for keyboard i have one of those logitech ones with the fancy lcd and all sorts of other doodads and macros potential and media playing keys and i dont use any of that shit.. so imo keep it simple and corded =)
Back to top Go down
pepple84

pepple84

Number of posts : 20
SteamID * : 0:1:1958341
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm

that's the reason i switched back to my stock Dell keyboard and Logitech corded mouse. i got interference as well with all the other wireless gadgets around the house. find something you like and as Nova said, keep it simple. unless you use media keys and such, you won't need them
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 pm

The only mouse I ever loved was the Logitech MX1000, which was a wireless mouse, but had no problems with interference. The pads on it wore out a month or so ago and I already had a Logitech MX Revolution lying around, but how interference all the time with it. I get a little less with the MX1100 that I am currently using, but I just bought a G9 (corded) mouse today.
Back to top Go down
Dub_P

Dub_P

Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

I've got the Logitech G15 w/ LCD screen and tons of macro buttons I don't use any of them except media player buttons and the performance monitor on the lcd.My mouse is the Microsoft Sidewinder 2000 DPI a little big but I love it ,it also comes with weights and extra feet.[url=http://tinyurl.com/4ub4bz]
Back to top Go down
Toilet Duk

Toilet Duk

Number of posts : 21
SteamID * : drankast
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:04 pm

The Razer Copperhead is the first mouse I've ever used that passed the 3 month mark despite my abuse, so I have a soft spot for it.

As for keyboards, I'd grab a Dell AT101W on eBay (think of an IBM Model M, but with Windows keys).
Back to top Go down
Xyless

Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:23 am

I can use a standard keyboard perfectly fine, but for my apartment setup I have a G15 since they're sexier. And I use my macro buttons for random commands.

The media player controller, on-keyboard audio controller, and LCD HUD screen (which isn't used by many games...FEAR being the only exception I can remember, sadly) are the main things I love about it. And it's lit up. Which would be useful if I needed to actually look at keys.
Back to top Go down
Xyless

Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:25 am

As far as mice go, I had a wireless Logitech MX 620 for a long time until my roommate accidentally stepped on the receiver when it was plugged into my computer, completely crushing it and rendering the mouse useless. Since then, I've used a standard 2-button optical mouse with wheel from Microsoft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:30 am

Nova wrote:
get a g5 corded mouse..
as for keyboard i have one of those logitech ones with the fancy lcd and all sorts of other doodads and macros potential and media playing keys and i dont use any of that shit.. so imo keep it simple and corded =)

I also have a Logitech G5 mouse. Smuggler just bought on as well.
You should buy one too!
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:25 am

Xyless wrote:

LCD HUD screen (which isn't used by many games...FEAR being the only exception I can remember, sadly) are the main things I love about it. And it's lit up. Which would be useful if I needed to actually look at keys.

hey dude someone made a little program for this to hook into the data generated by TF2.. and it can follow killing streaks... google it or do a search on the steam forums.. if you cant find it let me know.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:20 am

k i am not going to worry about the keyboard right now, but i went ahead and ordered the g9 mouse but it says (french version) so i guess i will find out wtf that means but it should be here by next weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
Toilet Duk

Toilet Duk

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:18 am

The only thing that would be different is that the CD is likely the French version of the software, and you can just download the English version from logitech.com.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 am

Kristy wrote:
k i am not going to worry about the keyboard right now, but i went ahead and ordered the g9 mouse but it says (french version) so i guess i will find out wtf that means but it should be here by next weekend!!!

It's my understanding that the french version of the mouse will only work when playing Jerry Lewis movies on the computer or browsing maple syrup websites. It also comes with a black and white striped mime t-shirt and a beret.

Weird huh?
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Toilet Duk wrote:
The only thing that would be different is that the CD is likely the French version of the software, and you can just download the English version from logitech.com.

thanks for that duk, i will go look into that now so i am ready the moment it comes!
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Lugburz wrote:
Kristy wrote:

It's my understanding that the french version of the mouse will only work when playing Jerry Lewis movies on the computer or browsing maple syrup websites. It also comes with a black and white striped mime t-shirt and a beret.

Weird huh?

thats all fine, i was more concerned that by using it, i would stop bathing and shaving my arm pits. phew, what a relief!
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 am

well fuck.. my gd g5 did it again.. the damn left mouse button is falling off.. its one continuous piece of plastic and it cracked.. second time for me and last... i guess i'll have to buy some crazy glue or something :/
**ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** 03810
**ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Img_0310

Last edited by Nova on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:11 am

Jeez how hard are you hitting that thing! Maybe you could get a G9 and get used to it faster than Faith - that'll learn him!

I would've got a G9 over the G5 but the price was more than I wanted to spend for a mouse, and the G5 was the exact same shape as my dead MX518, so there wasn't as much for me to get used to.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 am

i dont know if i am hitting hard.. i mean this isnt any sort of ryuhi thing.. it broke due to normal playing.. maybe my grip is a little tight.. maybe the fact that there is grippy shit on it doesnt help.. maybe my finger should be sliding instead of digging in and gripping the shit out of it... fuck if i know :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:55 am

Is that an Alienware pad I spy nova?
Back to top Go down
Scynthus

Scynthus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Lugburz wrote:
Is that an Alienware pad I spy nova?

I sees it too! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ASSCLOWN

ASSCLOWN

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: I have to agree   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 am

Hey Kristy i have to agree with the cord. I loved the cordless capabilities,but i too ran into wireless lag and it always seemed to happen at the most inopportune times, I also have the G5 and am very happy with it too. .So that being said you should stay chained to your pc !!! :joker:I dont beat my mouse as much as Novalia lol!

Last edited by ASSCLOWN on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/home

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:10 pm

ASSCLOWN wrote:
Hey Kristy i have to agree with the cord. I loved the cordless capabilities,but i too ran into wireless lag and it always seemed to happen at the most inopportune times, I also have the G5 and am very happy with it too. .So that being said you should stay chained to your pc !!! I dont beat my mouse as much as Novalia

I've nearly worn off the white G5 and Logitech logos from the palm area of the mouse, but I've never come close to breaking the clicker. Mine looks like most of the design has been darkened and worn from use, but Nova's is pristine and crisp looking (sans the broken clicker).

I wonder if Nova wears a gamers glove Wink
Back to top Go down
Toilet Duk

Toilet Duk

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Left mouse button always goes after a month or two for me on Logitech and MS mice, then the tracking starts to get weird.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 am

just to follow up, i got the G-9 mouse and i am on day 2 of using it. i am now used to it a lot more (will still take me a few days) but so far, i am LOVING it. it feels REALLY good in my hand. i recommend it to my fellow gamers!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
krazykid

krazykid

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 am

I have something that will also feel really good in your....

Ohhh wait, did I type that out loud? SHIT

Glad you like it, g9 is a good choice. Now I bless you Kristy with BALLER STATUS.

Nova beats his mouse.

And yes there is a TF2 addin for the G15 LCD. I had it and it worked fine. G15mods.com or something like that has a ton of them. it was just a macro file you plop in and setpoint picks it up and adds it to your choiceson the keyboard. Everest Ultimate has a sweet add in too, and shows temps, volts, fps, clock speeds.... that one is sweet. EVGA Presision software for the videocards also has a nice LCD add in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**   **ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**ATTENTION GAMERS AND FELLOW GEEKS**
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: Tips and Tweaks-
Jump to: