The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Weapons?

Go down 
+4
Kristy
Seansie
Nova
Cowboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:04 pm

There is a lot of talk on the L4D forums about which gun is the best since a guy got booted not long ago from a co-op server for not picking a gun the host thought was 'appropriate' (which I think is LAME). Some say 4 auto shotguns is the best, others say 4 assault rifles. Others say a good mix is best. So what do you guys think?

I personally like the dual pistols first off, but then since I tried the hunting rifle, I have been torn between it and the auto-shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:39 pm

i am a simple guy.. i go for the uzi.. and then the other automatic..
the regular shotty has a little pause sometimes before shooting and that disrupts my rhythm.. the pump shotty is cool and all but do you really need that much power for one shot?
i play with the feeling that someone is going to run in front of me any second.. which is why i rarely go full auto.. but shoot in tiny little 3-5 shot bursts.. so i dont kill my teammates.

but kicking someone based on wep selection.. O K...

i havent been to the steam forums in a while.. its one giant circular argument..
could be interesting tho to pick up some l4d tips.
Back to top Go down
Seansie

Seansie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Someone got booted over choice of gun??? Who the hell can judge what gun is "appropriate"? If a gun was inappropriate, I'm sure the Valve developers wouldn't have bothered putting the gun in there in the first place. I mean, seriously? That's a whole new level of "control freak" that I hope to Heaven I never encounter in my lifetime... I'm just speechless...

But not speechless for long!!!

My fave is the double pistols when playing the campaign, but in versus I grab the assault rifle when I see it. I like how head shots with the assault rifle turn zombie faces into spaghetti sauce.

Between the Uzi and the shotgun, I pick the shotgun just because I know there will usually be a big group of baddies swarming me at some point. Wink

I think weapons are really tied into a player's personal style. Some like to run & gun, some like to take their time, picking off enemies at a distance, and others fall somewhere in the middle.

Generally speaking, I think a mix of weapons is best because it affords versatility. A hunting rifle can pop the witch before anyone is even close. A shotgun can clean out a hallway full of horde. An assault rifle packs a punch when shooting smokers and hunters. Pistols are great for clearing up idle zombies 'cuz it's all you need and you never run out of ammo. If the group works as a team, weapon choice shouldn't matter. Smile

I'll stop babbling thereabouts... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Seansie wrote:
Someone got booted over choice of gun??? Who the hell can judge what gun is "appropriate"? If a gun was inappropriate, I'm sure the Valve developers wouldn't have bothered putting the gun in there in the first place. I mean, seriously? That's a whole new level of "control freak" that I hope to Heaven I never encounter in my lifetime... I'm just speechless...

But not speechless for long!!!

My fave is the double pistols when playing the campaign, but in versus I grab the assault rifle when I see it. I like how head shots with the assault rifle turn zombie faces into spaghetti sauce.

Between the Uzi and the shotgun, I pick the shotgun just because I know there will usually be a big group of baddies swarming me at some point. Wink

I think weapons are really tied into a player's personal style. Some like to run & gun, some like to take their time, picking off enemies at a distance, and others fall somewhere in the middle.

Generally speaking, I think a mix of weapons is best because it affords versatility. A hunting rifle can pop the witch before anyone is even close. A shotgun can clean out a hallway full of horde. An assault rifle packs a punch when shooting smokers and hunters. Pistols are great for clearing up idle zombies 'cuz it's all you need and you never run out of ammo. If the group works as a team, weapon choice shouldn't matter. Smile

I'll stop babbling thereabouts... cyclops

Hey Sean, I really liked your take on that, amazing thought and insight. As for me, I like the guns that shoot like 50 bullets at once. I suck at the ones where its one shot, reload, one shot, reload or one slow shot etc. I dont know the names of the guns but I like the double pistols as a good backup because of the ammo situation, so I use it in non-horde situations when I dont feel terribly threatened. For crowd control, I like the 50 bullet guns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
VampiricCorn

Number of posts : 25

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:50 am

I gotta say I mainly use the double pistol, then the shotty for everything else. I tend to forget I have it at times though. I don't like the uzi or assault as I run out of ammo way too fast and the hunting rifle doesn't suit me as I need to get right in somethings face before I shoot.
Back to top Go down
Bundy

Bundy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:09 am

I tend to go shotty->auto shotty. The uzi drains ammo way too fast for me. As far as the sniper and assault rifle, they're pretty decent. The sniper pierces through mobs and 1 shots regular zombies. The assault rifle is a good all-around weapon.

I choose shotguns personally as they're great crowd control, the rate of fire doesn't make me waste as much ammo. The fact that the auto shotgun increases in rate of fire, damage, and ammo capacity just sweetens the deal. Also it's the only weapon that I can think of that allows you to instant kill witches. Also great for dealing a ton of damage to the tank. I love unloading on a tank's back up close when it's blindly chasing someone else. Shotguns suck in range though but I don't mind considering I like to get up close and personal when I fight.
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

Number of posts : 152

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:49 am

I tend to stick with the two shotguns, I'm total shit with the hunting rifle and run through my ammo way too fast with the Uzi/M16.
Back to top Go down
VampiricCorn

Number of posts : 25

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:19 am

Although I have to add, during finales when there are multiple tanks I like to swap the auto shotty for the M16 . I get a lot more lead into it then what i would with then shotty and if its caught in a crossfire he'll go down in seconds.
Back to top Go down
Ballsac

Ballsac

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:52 pm

instead of using just one shotgun i decide to dual the shotguns it works pretty good
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:31 am

How fucking cool would that be! The reload time on 2 shotties would be brutal, but man, witches, tanks and hoards would be a non issue:)
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 am

all i know about these fancy shotguns is they are the weapons of my own destruction.. played some expert last night and those things really take a chunk out of teammates... which again is why i prefer the SMGs... i can shoot 2-3 bullets at a time.. if someone walks in front of me i can stop and have done minimal damage to them... plus the spread on the shotties is unreliable.. so if you're shooting over teammates you'll likely hit them.
Back to top Go down

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:27 pm

For me, it depends on campaign or versus combat. Since hordes can come at you fast and the enemy players tend to hit you faster than normal infected, I will often go with the auto shotgun for the sake of speedy room clearing and surprise ambushes. Campaign I prefer the huntng rifle as my tier 2 weapon since it's damn accurate crouching while no scoped and devastating if scoped (re-bound the zoom to my Mouse 5 thumb button and it works great). The ability to shoot through multiple zombies during a horde rush is a huge help plus the rapid fire and reload. One shot to the body drops nearly all normal infected and it's great for tanks or sniping a smoker off a buddy. I like the one hit, one kill ability of the shotty and the rifle.

For tier 1 weapons, it's shotgun all the way. I find it's easier to run down a crowded street, shoving/meleeing zombies backward and the popping them with single shot while they stumble back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Weapons?   Favorite Weapons? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Weapons?
Page 1 of 1