The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what have you learned?

Go down 
+15
smuggler
Harry
Litfu$e
ASSCLOWN
VampiricCorn
Faith-away
Baby~J
Cowboy
Kristy
Big_Monkey_Brother
ShitHeel
Seansie
Fati
Ocean_NB
Nova
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-12-09

what have you learned? Empty
PostSubject: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 pm

i have learned that no matter how often you say come on keep moving someone will lag behind..
someone will yell hunter is behind us then proceed to slow down and wait to get pounce on..
someone will say "he's got me" who has you and where relative to what? we're all blinded dumbass...
someone will always be the guy to not shoot the hunter off me.. he will melee him off then shoot us both with a wild round of fully automatic fire.. thanks for the help?
fati will always be the first one to use his health pack.
ocean will always find all of the pills health packs and grenades in the map..
you will always know if smuggler is attacked as he will scream like a little girl even after the attacker is dead..
frank is game is the best player he's ever seen..
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

Number of posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:43 pm

I've learned that no matter how many times you single Faith out, he will continue the blaze trail ahead of the party, that not matter the circumstances, it's always a good time for Nova wander off and investigate an area away from the party.

I've learned that Gurtman will always fall for the peek-a-boo trick, and backtrack into a trap to get that "lone" Zombie behind the party.

I've learned Kristy has no tolerance for criticism and resort to the meanest form of name calling. (Very hurtful Kristy).

I've learned that Baby~J will always go quietly before getting worked up over a video game... polite to the bitter, gory, disemboweling end.

And finally I've learned that a bossy player who pesters others w/ constant direction and chatter gets rescued from hunter, witch or tank by being served a molotov cocktail, shaken, not stirred.
Back to top Go down
https://exiled.forumotion.net
Fati

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm

I've learned that Novalia will always be the last to use a health pack because he'll always run at the first sign of trouble. much <3 Nova

and

I've learned that I'm really, really bad at this game. Except for 1.5 seconds after I spawn as a boomer.
Back to top Go down
Seansie

Seansie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:13 pm

I've learned that skill is nearly as important as communication...

I've also learned that when you join a public server 90% of the people you end up gaming with act like 13 year olds who take the game waaaaaaay too fuckin' seriously... or some smart ass goes and calls for the rescue vehicle before the rest of the group has even made it into the building.
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Seansie has also learned that in order to push a key to talk, you must first bind the unbound key that u wish to push to talk.
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:55 am

I learned tonight that a team of Canadians is no match for Nova, Baby~J, Blood and myself! =)

And, I still chase smokers...ha-ha
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:05 am

tonight i learned that if you shoot at ocean he will walk up to you and shoot you in the face... every time.
Back to top Go down
Seansie

Seansie

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:27 am

I learned that every time I was on the Survivors team, we would have a constant swarm of zombies going, no pills, med kits, or guns to be found, and the witch would be placed in the middle of a hallway.

...meanwhile...

While playing on the Infected side, I had to sit through 30 second spawn times, there was no horde to be found (even after an awesome Boomer attack), there were pills and grenades everywhere, and the witch would be sitting in a closet in a room blocked off by a barricade which was a good twenty feet away from the Survivors' path.

I think the Director has a personal issue with me.
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

Number of posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 am

Seansie wrote:
I learned that every time I was on the Survivors team, we would have a constant swarm of zombies going, no pills, med kits, or guns to be found, and the witch would be placed in the middle of a hallway.

...meanwhile...

While playing on the Infected side, I had to sit through 30 second spawn times, there was no horde to be found (even after an awesome Boomer attack), there were pills and grenades everywhere, and the witch would be sitting in a closet in a room blocked off by a barricade which was a good twenty feet away from the Survivors' path.

I think the Director has a personal issue with me.

Agreed - it's happened to all of us... so let me be the first to compare the overtly useful LFD Director to Lucky Crits in TF2 - and the sleepy LFD Director to catching a crit rocket in the face when you turn a corner in TF2 <insert corresponding Ryuhi whining here>
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Big_Monkey_Brother/
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:17 am

I've learned that Cowboy will shoot witches, and signal for elevators, lifts, and extraction without his team being healed, ready, aware, or anywhere within the vicinity.

I've learned that when covered in puke and blinded, Kristy will crouch, spin like a top, and hold down the fire button... a maneuver I've termed "The Sprinkler of Death".
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 am

Ocean_NB wrote:
I've learned that when covered in puke and blinded, Kristy will crouch, spin like a top, and hold down the fire button... a maneuver I've termed "The Sprinkler of Death".

LOL!!!! Ocean you are on fire lately - what did you call Harry's mustache... natures fake ID? LOL again!
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 1:22 pm

I have learned a lot so far from all of you. Here are my highlights to prove that YES, I am paying attention when you teach me things:

- Always keep moving as Survivors! If you are in the same place for two full zombie spawns, you are more than likely fucked.

- If you are puked on, squat and use melee. Back into a corner if you can. This makes it easier for your teammates to shoot the zombies and makes it impossible for you to shoot your homeboys!

- If you spawn as hunter, don't even bother pouncing unless you see someone down or alone. Otherwise, run in there and just whack them. It does more damage.

- Close doors behind you as survivor! Don't even bother getting sidetracked with little rooms in hopes of pipebombs. Just go go go.

- If you are a zombie, go a little bit ahead and bust all the doors. It will help.

- If you spawn as boomer, take the high ground if possible and puke down. Cover them all!

I need tips for smoker. Out of all the games I have played, I have only spawned as smoker a total of maybe 10 times. I am not sure what the best strategy is there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:17 pm

I have learned that wherever I plan on shooting, there will be a teammate move there once I pull the trigger (might be a game bug, I dunno). And I have learned that witches ALWAYS spawn in a hallway or stairway that we can't avoid and that Ocean saying, there's a witch, staring at it and re-loadiing his guns does NOT mean he is ready:) Witches aren't nearly as scary as a tank in my opinion, one guy with a full hunting rifle can take a witch down in one clip.

I also learned that the director is on crack:)

And I agree with Gurt, the Canadians got spanked last night and handily, too much fucking around looking for pipe bombs and getting hit with 2-3 waves of you guys without moving an inch forward did us in quickly methinks:)
Back to top Go down
Kristy

Kristy

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:08 pm

hey!! you guys have cool zombie-like avatars! i want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.turdburglars.org
Baby~J

Baby~J

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 am

- I have learned that no matter what time I get my kids in bed you guys are already playing.
- I have learned that you feel like a total piece of shit failure when you are a boomer and you can't infect a single survior.
- I learned that a smoker and Boomer can really violate you if they double team your ass.
- I learned that whatever faith tells Nova not to do he will do it.
- This is fun fucking game and really prepares you for the inevidable zombie apocolypse
Back to top Go down
Cowboy

Cowboy

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Hells yah, you know that sit is coming Baby J!Smile Which reminds me, Machetes make a great x-mas gift:)
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:04 am

tonight i learned that indeed ocean does win sometimes..
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:06 am

I learned tonight why the team scrambler usually doesn't pair up Ocean and I, Oh Yeah!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:10 am

I learned what it feels like to win again *happy dance* bounce
Back to top Go down
Seansie

Seansie

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:14 pm

I learned that I'm starting to enjoy L4D too much. All day long at work I fantasize that I'm whipping my tongue across the street and dragging foolish mortals to their doom!!!

Speaking of which... what is the deal with that tongue anyway? Do smokers somehow have their tongues connected to their intestines or something? Where are they storing that 100 foot long piece of meat in their bodies? Shouldn't their chests cave in when they launch their tongues out? If they snag a van, would the tongue pull them inside out?

The world is indeed filled with mysteries...
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 pm

I've learned that I get depressed when I accidentely spawn behind the Survivors as a Boomer and get killed.
I've learned to take my hands off the keyboard when seeing the message that I will spawn as a Tank, lest I fall right off the edge of a building.
I've learned that Frank is impossible to pounce on.
I've learned that fati is a sick Tank.
I've learned that Gurtman likes to chase.
I've learned that it sucks to be one a team that is silent on the mic.
I've learned that CON can suck a dick.
I've learned that I should never get near the gas station when Blood is playing.
I've learned that Nova and I are the two players that like to run and gun the most.
I've learned that you should always leave one round in the shotguns.
I've learned that it sucks when you have the perfect spot for a massive pounce, and end up landing at your target's feet.
I've learned that witches are a lot more useless than I originally thought.
I've learned that Smokers are the hardest to play well, and that nothing is more gratifying than a wicked pull.
I've learned that Tanks can go into helicopters and rip shit up.
Back to top Go down
VampiricCorn

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 pm

I have learned that even though its with help from console commands, a 300 zombie swarm is scary.

I have also learned that one pipe will clean up nearly all 300 zombies.
Back to top Go down
ASSCLOWN

ASSCLOWN

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 pm

I just got L4D Holly Shit man i llllllove it,i will hope to see you all on it soon, i can see already that im going to be puting some time into this game jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/home
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Jeez Assclown, as usual you have a most interesting avatar...

Look forward to you in game- we may have enough for two VS games at this rate! Though I'll be happy to play the Co-Op single player with you.
Back to top Go down
Fati

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Faith-away wrote:

I've learned that fati is a sick Tank.

awww, /blush

i still don't like the Red Sox. Wink
Back to top Go down
Litfu$e

Litfu$e

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:04 pm

I've learned that when Monkey says "Co-Op single player", he means a reach around.
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:02 am

tonight i learned a smoker can ruin a perfectly run getaway..
kudos to ocean (x4) and blood!
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:03 am

Tonight I learned (or rather, confirmed) that I fucking suck as Tank.
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:09 am

Tonight I learned that it is not possible to actually shoot through Blood to get to the tongue that has Ocean.
All I hear is Blood whimpering "Stop shooting me...stop shooting me"
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:17 am

Nova wrote:
tonight i learned a smoker can ruin a perfectly run getaway..
kudos to ocean (x4) and blood!
I second that... someone caught me running across the pipe in the same spot, right after I caused all me chaos... stupid karma.
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

what have you learned? Inmemo10
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:56 pm

I learned that tanks on advanced are mean.
Back to top Go down
Harry

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:05 am

Tonight I learned that it's possible to incapacitate 3 people using only the hunter's melee.
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 am

Tonight I learned that Tanks spawning in the first 10 seconds of a map is LAME.
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 am

I still really, really fucking suck as tank.
Back to top Go down
Faith-away

Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am

I learned that nothing is funnier than playing on a server with all-talk, know that a tank is coming, hearing the Infected team say "It better not be Gurtman" followed by a cacaphony of "Noooos" as Gurtman spawns...as the tank.
Back to top Go down
Baby~J

Baby~J

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:46 am

I learned that getting killed in the first few minutes Sux Balls and doesn't do much for your confidence and team MOJO!
I also learned that the one ledge in the sewer u cannot go back up which is were I pounced on Harry and no one could get him but my joy was soon crushed because Harry got his revenge in the first few minutes of the next round (See above sentence)
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:09 am

Total. Ass. Whomping.

what have you learned? Ass_wh10
Back to top Go down
Baby~J

Baby~J

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 am

Wow That was an ass whopping!!
I learned that playing expert first for a while and then playing versus makes versus seem real easy even if there is a tank right of the bat.
I also learned that if you kill some one in the first 5 min of the game on a public Chances are they will quit. That dude was a pussy. Suck it up but again I understand his pain
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:11 am

Baby~J wrote:
I also learned that if you kill some one in the first 5 min of the game on a public Chances are they will quit. That dude was a pussy. Suck it up but again I understand his pain
Ditto BabyJ. I also learned that LFD is not immune to the other team declaring how they've "ownt" us after their Tank took us out in a narrow hallway. (PS we poured sand down their assholes the next round (and the round after that, and the round after that - wait a sec we won, and that noob quit, hmnnn)
Back to top Go down
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:03 am

i've learned i can rage quit with style and finesse =)
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:46 am

I've learned that Nova can't handle his booze and Kristy loses her will to game w/o him.
Back to top Go down
Harry

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Playing on a random server, I confirmed the hunter's melee being pure awesome:

Code:
Damage Given to "Sandrock" - 20 in 2 hits
Damage Given to "my_pod" - 45 in 5 hits
Damage Given to "Taintedsoul" - 54 in 6 hits
Damage Given to "KhaotiK" - 20 in 2 hits
All in 1 life!
Back to top Go down
smuggler

smuggler

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Great Trick   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:09 am

I learned last night that during the No Mercy Campaign on the Sewer Level there's a great alternate path.

Harry & Co., instead of using the lift outside the warehouse, bashed open the metal door to the far left of the loading docks. Using this trick you can completely skip the lift activating that massive horde.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pompetti.com
Faith-away

Faith-away

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:57 am

I felt kind of dirty for using it...I would say that if we play No Mercy, that we try to not use that door. Totally bypassing the most dangerous part of that map is kind of lame I think.
Back to top Go down
Ocean_NB
Admin
Ocean_NB

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:58 am

Faith-away wrote:
I felt kind of dirty for using it...I would say that if we play No Mercy, that we try to not use that door. Totally bypassing the most dangerous part of that map is kind of lame I think.

yes, and the only reason u won.
Back to top Go down
Harry

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Ocean_NB wrote:
Faith-away wrote:

yes, and the only reason u won.
You don't know that for sure Wink

But yeah, using it was kinda cool, but it's definitely cheap. We can save that for Expert campaigns Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big_Monkey_Brother

Big_Monkey_Brother

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Faith-away wrote:
Not if you're playing Co-Op at Expert!

santa
Back to top Go down
MAN

MAN

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:45 pm

I have learned to stay behind monkey and smug... Smile Unless I want to watch brain matter come out the front of my head.
Back to top Go down
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:39 am

I learned tonight that Kristy and Bundy sing a wicked Rudolph!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what have you learned?   what have you learned? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what have you learned?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The eXiled :: Game Talk :: Left 4 Dead-
Jump to: