The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1/23/09 Patch News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smuggler

smuggler

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-12

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 pm

In Versus mode, the Tanks' health now reflects the damage he takes from burning.

Just a quick heads up about this patch. When the tank is lit on fire his health starts decreasing.

Prior to the patch the tank could be lit and would die in 30 seconds even if he was never shot. His health status bar never went down unless shot.

Now the tank will take 65-70 seconds to die if he is lit on fire only.

To shorten his life span you have to light him and shoot him. No more throwing a Molotov and running away. You have to fight him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pompetti.com
MAN

MAN

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-12-09

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:20 pm

That explains a lot! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Scynthus

Scynthus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-05

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm glad Valve made this change. A Tank is spawned as an extra challenge for the survivors to surpass. Unfortunately, one Molotov took away this challenge, making the Tank pretty much obsolete... as long as the survivors know how to throw.
Back to top Go down
FHCtyler21

FHCtyler21

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-18

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm kind of unimpressed with some of the things with the patch. While I understand balance, I think some of the game has now become predictable (which I thought the idea with this was to do just the opposite). I played on a pub and didn't know that each team got things equally in the same place in the maps, like tanks and such, so a smart team on either side has the advantage. The survivors know to get molotovs and strategize from what they experienced the last round, and if ur a bunch of pansies like the guys I played with before getting unceremoniously kicked were, you wait for a huge section of time to go by since you know the tank is coming before spawning (since the tank spawned just as you got outside of the first house). At least it fixed the burn the tank and run away bs.
Back to top Go down

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm

FHCtyler21 wrote:
I'm kind of unimpressed with some of the things with the patch. While I understand balance, I think some of the game has now become predictable (which I thought the idea with this was to do just the opposite). I played on a pub and didn't know that each team got things equally in the same place in the maps, like tanks and such, so a smart team on either side has the advantage. The survivors know to get molotovs and strategize from what they experienced the last round, and if ur a bunch of pansies like the guys I played with before getting unceremoniously kicked were, you wait for a huge section of time to go by since you know the tank is coming before spawning (since the tank spawned just as you got outside of the first house). At least it fixed the burn the tank and run away bs.

Well last night, each team got the tank at the same spot but one team missed each of it's two molotov throws where the other did not. Even though they knew the tank was coming, the torches missed. It's predictable but the burn out fix for the tank sure went a long way to making it not so bad when you catch on fire.
Back to top Go down
smuggler

smuggler

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-12

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm

I was on the team that missed with both molotovs. Since we were survivors first we didn't know the exact time the tank would show. In our haste to light the tank we threw both at the same time. When the teams switched, the other team did the same thing but had the foresight to keep a gas can handy. That was used to light the tank.

The biggest problem we had was the tank incapped 2 people with a dumpster. It was a great shot by Lugburz and pretty much ended the round right there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pompetti.com
Sponsored content

1/23/09 Patch News Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/23/09 Patch News   1/23/09 Patch News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/23/09 Patch News
Page 1 of 1