The eXiled
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smuggler's Intro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smuggler

smuggler

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 am

Greetings,

My real name is Paul 32/M/RI. I work as a Unix/Linux System Administrator at a fortune 500 company. Haven't played FPS in a while, but L4D brought me back.

My brother-in-law is Big_Monkey_Brother. Not only is he married to my sister but I also have the unfortunate luck of having to work with him. Everything he says about being "frank" and "truthful" at work is true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pompetti.com
ShitHeel

ShitHeel

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome to the forums.

Let me get this straight, that makes you Santino and Monkey is Carlo?
Back to top Go down
smuggler

smuggler

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 am

Close enough. I won't hesitate to beat him with a garbage can if he lays another finger on my sister.
Back to top Go down

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:26 am

how do you monkey like living in Providence? My girlfriend and I have been there a couple of times and really enjoyed the city and the surrounding area. We've talked about the prospect of moving there after we're both done our masters programs. We looked online, and the houses to the southeast of college hill, near the water and wholefoods, (can't remember the name of the neighborhood at the moment) are in our price range. Any idea what the job market's like? I'd love to work at either Brown's or RISD's libraries.
Back to top Go down
smuggler

smuggler

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:31 pm

The area you like is East Side/Fox Point. It's probably the most expensive area of Providence for housing. I live in the Armory district which has artists, musicians, and college students. I'm looking for a house to buy in Providence and plan on staying here for a while.

The job market in RI is tough right now. The state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. Brown and RISD are still going strong though.
Back to top Go down

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up smuggler! The pricing and stats we were using for real estate was from 2007, so I'm assuming its still generally the same if not lower what with the economic crisis. Fox Point was definitely the name I was trying to think of. If memory serves me correctly, it seemed like homes in the north east were the most expensive. Anyhow, it's a long way off, and I know RI was one of only 2 states whose population declined this year as opposed to growing. We just fell in love with the area, its proximity to Boston and NYC, and the fact that it's a small city (small is good, but I still love an urban setting). Anyhow, I appreciate the run-down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smuggler's Intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smuggler's Intro   Smuggler's Intro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smuggler's Intro
Page 1 of 1